The British Columbia Broadband Association (BCBA) is a group of telecommunications service providers, equipment suppliers and infrastructure constructors committed to building and delivering advanced networking services and infrastructure throughout all regions of British Columbia.
The vision of BCBA is to be recognized as the principal voice, through leadership and advocacy, for the telecommunications and service provider industry in British Columbia.
Membership in BCBA is open to firms and individuals that own, manage, operate, sell or deliver broadband services to residential and commercial buildings, government agencies and institutions in BC.
Membership is also available to supplier and professional service companies involved in the telecommunications industry in BC.
The BCBA intends to foster strong relationships in rural and metropolitan communities with all aspects of the BC Telecommunications Industry.
Long Term Strategic Goals
- Be recognized by BC provincial and municipal governments and federal regulatory agencies as the primary advocate and information source for the broadband and wireless services provider industry in BC
- Provide enhanced services to all members throughout the province (networking opportunities, access to education, increased exposure for companies through the participation in BC Broadband event like the BC Broadband Conference show and others being planned for regional centres throughout the province)
- Raise the public profile of BCBA and its membership through promotion, awareness and reputation building
- Develop and promote professionalism, leadership and education for members
- Ensure that BCBA is managed and governed as a strong, fiscally responsible, Member-focused Association representing all regions of the province.
- Act in an advocacy role for the Industry in CRTC and Industry Canada proceedings.
BCBA Membership Benefits
- Use of BCBA Logo on your company website
- Access to BCBA online documents
- 10% discounts on admission to BCBA sponsored events and conferences
- Access to members' directory and affinity programs
- Access to information regarding policy and regulatory issues